Thursday, August 7, 2008

Update: Yarmouth

I guess it's time to clarify my thinking as to what I'm doing, and where I'm going, etc. I'm currently staying with Carla here in Yarmouth, helping with her many CouchSurfers and the dogs she gets from her dogsitting service, keeping the house and garden clean and in good repair, helping with meals, and being a friend. I'm also right in the middle of a project with another group of "new friends" helping them get their place in order. Leaving that project undone would be wrong. As a result, I feel like I'm needed here at this particular moment in time, and here I shall stay, until such time that I feel I've completed whatever it is I'm doing. When that time comes, I'll say my goodbye's and continue the travelling part of my journey. For me, the journey is continuing here in Yarmouth.

If anyone out there is reading my posts and hoping for more ongoing tidbits of "travel" info, this blog may, at least for now, be the wrong place to satisfy your travel tidbit appetite. A really good cycling travel site is Crazy Guy On A Bike. I know it's not as interesting reading about a cyclist sitting in one place for a long peroiod of time, but I started this blog as a journal that I could look back on, and also for a good way to keep my family and friends up to date. It's still very much that for me, but I am aware that my "audience" has grown a little since it began. At last count the blog was being read by around 400 people, roughly half in the States and half in Canada. Also, I had to use some of my "trash can" power on a couple of unfortunate comments yesterday. If you're one of "those people" inclined to post anonymous nastygrams, you might enjoy this one.

Here are some of the latest Couch Surfers...

Evan from Townshend Vermont, just outside of Brattleboro! He came off the Cat yesterday and is on his way to a WWOOFing farm outside of Annapolis Royal. He left here this morning with a big "EAST" sign on his backpack. He also has a "PREGNANT" sign if he gets desperate.



Kara from Australia who's on her way to Alaska. She's been travelling for a quite a while and has made her way across much of Canada, as well as a good chunk of the world. She flew out of Halifax the other day on her way to the west coast on the U.S. where she's getting in a car with some friends and driving up to see Alaska. Quite an adventurer!






Elyse, and her travelling companion Zac, both attend university in Amherst Massachusetts, only a half an hour from where I grew up. They were cycling down from, I think, Antigonish and were only here for a quick visit as they had reservations to ride to Portland on the Cat the day after their arrival in Yarmouth. We didn't get a photo of her and Zak so I had to swipe this one off of her facebook.

It's been such a treat being here and getting to know the area and so many wonderful people from Yarmouth and around the world. Here's a parting shot...

Cheers! ~B

Evan, Sabrina, Carla, et Moi

at the Pubnico Wind Farm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thought u had 400 'listeners'.. no news is good news. happy trails. r u 2 wheeling?

Anonymous said...

I think u r a couch surfer now 4 sure