Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Call To Couches

This is an email that I've been sending out to friends. I thought it might be a good idea to cast a larger net, as it were. So...

Hey, I have something to ask you, actually it's more of a favor or proposition than it is just a question. Sabrina from Switzerland has been with us here in Yarmouth for nine days now and is scheduled to leave on the Cat to Portland tomorrow afternoon. She'll be staying there for two days, then into Boston for the weekend, and will then be heading to NYC on Monday. Because of her extreme care of screening prospective hosts, she's having trouble finding a place to stay, where she can experience both Boston and NYC on her way to Ohio. I was wondering if you can think of anyone who would be willing to host her for the weekend in Boston, or for a few days next week in NYC, and maybe show this lovely Swiss girl some of those cities. I know it sounds like an imposition, but I assure you Sabrina is a delight, she's very neat, is great with pets and kids, and is a fabulous cook. I feel that I know her extremely well and would frankly trust her with my life if needed. She's couchsurfing but is having trouble finding hosts in larger cities. She can always do hostels, but you can only stay there for a day or two and she's hoping to experience the cities a little more than that. She was in Chicago last month and really liked it there. Anyway, she's 24 and has limited funds. I know what that's like and would really like to help her. Thanks. ~B

I'm hoping that someone I know, that I forgot to email, will speak up and offer to participate in the adventure. You can email me directly at bobviens@gmail.com. I know it's a longshot, but you never know. Besides, it makes for an easy blog post, and since I'm either helping out at the market, or riding a lobster boat with Sabrina down from Pubnico to Yarmouth Harbour to get ready for the Shark Scramble, I'll be quite busy. Cheers! ~B

No comments: