Friday, July 18, 2008

A Yarmouth Welcome

I'm at Carla's this morning and Matt and I are typing away on adjacent computers getting updated on our web life. We had a hot croissants with fruit and cheese with our coffee this morning. Dinner last night was something special too. Matt and I prepared the steak and shrimp kabobs last night and set a wonderful table for a nice meal on the patio. This sure beats the heck out peanut butter and jelly. Matt didn't believe me that sardines in mustard sauce were really good, so we even had them for desert. Actually, we had strawberry shortcake for the real desert. Matt's a photojournalism student at RIT, so the three of us have been having some good photo discussions, since Carla is also reporter and photographer for the Yarmouth County Vanguard. Matt's got another year of school but already has a nice webisite of his photography.

I just signed up for Couch Surfing.Com. That's how Matt met Carla. I think it will be a great resource for the next faze of my travels. We're heading out to walk the downtown in a bit. I'm hopping in the shower now.

Cheers!

~B

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

TRE ~ I've ordered a Trappist robe for Matt too but the jury's out on accepting Carla. Is she a good cook?
Lecram of CA

P.s. I'm in Anchorage on the opposite side of the continent from you today!

~Bob Viens said...

OK, tell me again what the deal is with the robes? I think I'm missing something. And yes, Carla is a wonderful host, she's cooking dinner as we speak! Gotta run. ~B

Anonymous said...

Trebor... it just goes back to an earlier time in your ride when you spoke of silence, alone, etc. I suggested joining the Trappists. It was just a simple comment is all and a continuing play on the theme.
Lecram

Anonymous said...

http://www.zeitgeistfilms.com/film.php?directoryname=intogreatsilence

"Into Great Silence": A great documentary about Carthusian monks who live in silence except for Sundays. No narration, no voice over, no script, just monks and wonderful light and sound and color. This is a really great movie.

Anonymous said...

Tego - Excellent suggestion. I've got it to watch this weekend. You're the man/woman/person!
Lecram - Fan of the Carthusians

Anonymous said...

I've actually gone on retreat to a Trappist monostary... twice! Their robes are pretty sweet :-)

Matt