Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Birds

I was awaken this morning by the gentle call of the indigenous Yarmouth Jackhammer. It was quite lovely. Actually, the birds here are quite nice. Very few crows. It turns out the crow experience I related in a previous post involving shooting "inexpensive arrows at high black targets" was a real story. Kentville NS is apparently famous for it's ridiculous crow population. Funny.

It's raining here this morning and the Jackhammer has ceased his plaintive call. I'm heading to the hardware store this morning before Carla goes into work to get a couple of hinges and a few more screws to finish Sheila's trash bin. I fixed the ceiling fan yesterday, but I still need to get a couple of screws for that to replace the ugly electrical tape that's keeping the cover in place. I'm also going to be job hunting once I clear whatever hurdles I need to clear. I'm hoping it won't be too tough. I have a line on a few job ideas already.

Yesterday, Carla took me down the coast to see some of the sights on her way to covering a couple of stories. Unfortunately, it was rather foggy so the experience was somewhat limited. We attended a Town Council meeting last night which was at once really boring and quite fun. Small town politics is always a treat. Not that different from Brattleboro.

OK, I'm down to 18% power on this laptop, so I'll cut this short and post more later. ~B

No comments: