Friday, July 25, 2008

Destiny, Fate, Kismit, Coincidence...

I am exactly where I'm supposed to be at this moment..........................

I am all that I have
met..........................

Everything happens for a reason
..........................

What is it that puts us where we currently are in our lives? That puts us on the same bridge at the same moment and gives us the idea and the courage to say "where ya' from?". That places us in a room with another soul and says "OK, now open up, you're safe here"? That taps us on the shoulder and says "hey, doesn't that bike look good? Go ahead and take it, nobody's gonna see you". Who decides which ones down here get smooshed together and which ones never meet? Are we all exactly where we're supposed to be? Some of us are sitting behind desks trudging through work days, others in easy chairs enjoying a good Gene Autry film, some are sitting alone in nursing homes with dementia waiting for someone to ask them to skip rope. At this moment I'm in Yarmouth Nova Scotia, of all places, trying to make sense of my own exact place. Is this really where I'm supposed to be?

It's so funny how all things in life end up connected. Behind the scenes, out of the way, back behind the curtain, the threads attach, one to another, across this one and through these. The web of life, that we only get to see when we stop long enough to think "I wonder what's back here?", and then slowly push aside the curtain. I LOVE how my threads have been connected. From my limited vantage point I can see a few that are so clearly visible and strong. I can see Bette and Beverly who gave me the strength to say "where ya' from?", I can see Era asking me "do you think the universe is trying to tell you something?", and Carolyn saying "Go". Still others are yet to be discovered. I can see them forming, but I'm not yet sure how they connect.

I am truly all that I have met. Though, at this moment, I'm still nestled in the forest, peering out through the trees...

...but the view is clearing.

~B

4 comments:

yourgogirl said...

and that one.... brought tears to my eyes.

xo

Carla

Anonymous said...

This made me smile... a lot. I love it, and it's so true. Keep on truckin'... well you know what I mean.

Matt

Anonymous said...

not only are you at the exact place you need to be, you are also sharing thoughts and ideas that are exactly what I and maybe others need to hear. love d

Anonymous said...

And the crocuses always come up!

Lecram