Wednesday, July 9, 2008

On the Road Again...

I'm in Truro NS today getting caught up on all things internet. I have a clear view of my bike from here and I find myself peeking at it often.




Here's what my canpsite looked like on Shulee my first night back out on the road.


The trip up to Cape D'or was fantastic. Someobody told me how beautiful it was but sadly failed to mention the road up the mountain to get there. It hert, but I made it!


Wanda and Paul treated me to a feast at Diane's in Five Islands. OMG! What a feast! I only left a few french fries on the plate. It was GREAT!



I'm finally getting back into the rhythm of the road. My 46 year old body was very unhappy with me for the first few days. The three week break was enough for my behind and my legs to forget what was expected of them. I'm still amazed at the hospitality anf generosity I experienced in Amherst NS. I can't thank you all enough. OK, that's a long enough rest, back on the road.

Cheers! ~B

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I like that screen tent. I want one!

Anonymous said...

Trebor... good to see you're back out there. I was beginning to think you were going to run for Mayor of Amherst! Go safely and be well.
Lecram of CA

P.s. The Trappists called and asked for your monk's robe size.

Anonymous said...

I want you to know my beer consumption and replenishment has fallen dramatically. I think it might be because you're not around to drink it all anymore.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bob, I just want to say hi and tell you I met you on the road, you were on your bike in Advocate (close to the wharf), I was driving a green truck. That was first time I saw you outside of the Amherst library. Good luck on your travels!
*Jessica*

~Bob Viens said...

Here's my reply...

Tego- Yeah, the screen tent is cool, but I ususally have the rain fly on for privacy from nosey bears and mosquitos :o

LeCram of CA- -I'll have to check with my personal shopper. I can never remember trivial things like sizes. Is fabulous a size?

Doogie the Magnificent- I hope you're keeping track of how many of your beers I'm not drinking. You're gonna owe me BIG!

*Jessica*- Great, now I'm going to be looking at all the green trucks! Nice to hear from you.