Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Recharging My Batteries


I'm at the Bar Harbor Public Library doing a little route research and taking care of life online. What an amazing building, it was built in 1911 and I don't think it's changed much - right down to the bathroom in the basement. It's great! I've decided to take a break here and explore Bar Harbor and Acadia for a couple of days. I had an amazing camping experience on the ocean last night. Between the sound of the ocean crashing onto the shore and the pitter patter of rain on my tent's rain fly, it was a wonderful sound-filled outdoor experience. I think I have some really nice photos to share, but the computers at this library won't allow photo uploads. I'll try in a few days at the next stop.

I've actually been feeling a little drained. I picked up some vitamins and some aspirin to keep my blood flowing and I had a whole package of all-natural ham for lunch (no sodium nitrite) since I haven't been eating any meat except for the Bumble Bee Salmon foil packages. Maybe I'll find myself a good steak for supper. Isn't that what a cowboy would do? All in all, I'm getting pretty good at this riding and camping thing. I actually jettisoned a whole backpack of extra stuff that I decided I could live without. Turns out I don't miss it at all. I wonder what else I have that I wouldn't miss. I had a nice visit to the laundromat today. My sleeping bag has become quite ineffective and I figured it was because it needed cleaning. I think it worked. It's so nice to have clean clothes and sleeping stuff. The laundromat had a PC for their customers to use and I ended up spending two and a half hour cleaning up all of the viruses and spyware. I left it running like a new machine. My good deed for the day. Well, my time is up on this machine. I was thinking about seeing the Indiana Jones movie tonight. Did anybody out there see it?

1 comment:

Rachel & Eric said...

Sounds like you're having a blast, Bob. I'm envious. Enjoying the blog, keep writing and stay safe.