Friday, June 6, 2008

Heading North


I'm getting back on the road today after a much needed rest in Bar Harbor. I love this town! Everyone has been so genuinely friendly and accommodating. My favorite parts have been the ladies at the public library, the Opera House Coffee and Internet Cafe...



Sean and the guys at the Bike Shop, the Diner next to the cutest little Hannafords ever, the nice couple from Indiana who asked me to join them for ice cream, and the little girl who listened intently to our conversation and wished me a cheerful "Good Luck" as she and her folks were leaving the ice cream shop...


and Clodagh (sp?) from Ireland who was sweetheart for treating me to a pint at the local pub. I even got a nice visit from a couple of really nice U.S. Forest Rangers who improved my education on the boundaries of Acadia National Park, oops! No worries, they were impressed by my undertaking and with the way that I had cleaned up some old broken bottles and cans from a camp out on the same spot that, judging from the containers, must have taken place some time in the 1970's. Yup, Bar Harbor's been great. I wonder what lies ahead. I'm off! ~B

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bob, I've been following your trip. Glad you had a rest in beautiful Maine. We've been having rain and dreariness here today. And for the next few days it's supposed to be in the 90s.

Keep pedaling and stay well!

Joann N.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bob,
It sounds like this was a great idea for you. I enjoy reading about the trip. It really is like reading a book you cant put down. I hope you are drinking lots of water with the weather being in the upper 90's.
Hugs!!!
Your friend,
Ahh-leee-see-yaa (aka Baggins)

Anonymous said...

Bob!! I just found your blog. I had no idea you had left!! It sounds like a really awsome trip!! It's really cool to read what you are seeing. Keep posting away!! :) Can't wait to see those photos!!
---> Karley