Friday, June 27, 2008

Damp and Drizzly Day...

It was a good thing I stopped at Canadian Tire last night and picked up a new larger (9x12) tarp in preparation for the predicted thunder storm, and BOY WAS IT A STORM! The sound of heavy rain pounding down on a new tarp is deafening. Thanks to the new nine by twelve, I was dry and warm. It was like sleeping in the Ritz Carlton...kind of. I ran into Wanda today at the post office and she told me my dinner from her and Paul at Diane's in Five Islands is all arranged. As recommended, I'll be having the Flounder, I can't wait. Thanks again! (BTW, I never got your email). I had a nice interview this morning with Mitch Wertleib from Vermont Public Radio. It was cool talking with him since I've been listening to VPR for years. Oh yeah, I talked to Woody at the bike shop back in Brattleboro today and he told me that the new bike was shipped today via UPS. If all goes well, it should arrive on Thursday! Basil is helping me get the bike set up once it arrives and I guess this means I'll be pedalling again sometime this weekend. We're only up to $255 Canadian on my recovered bicycle on eBay. I really hope it does better than that. It's an awesome bike, and I'm hoping to raise a good amount to help support the YMCA. They're struggleing for money and they can use all the help they can get. If you'd like to make a contribution directly, please send it to:

Cumberland YMCA
P.O. Box 552
Amherst, NS
B4H 4A1
(902) 667-9112

http://www.ymcaofcumberland.com

OK, gotta run!

Cheers!

~B

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will send a donation, i have missed you an awful lot and feel you need to be here, but not really, your lucky adventure is so awesome. AND I have a solution to your giant cornflake problem. miss ya Bob, and i am holding the for pretty good for the Parking lot (i think) much love deanna

Unknown said...

WOW! WHAT A JOURNEY,AND YOUR JUST GETTING STARTED. SOMEONE GREATER THAN YOURSELF SURE HAS A PLAN FOR YOU HUH? JUST CONTINUE TO GET OUT OF HIS OR HER WAY AND WHAT A WONDERFUL JOURNEY YOU'LL HAVE.CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE OF THE ADVENTURE. "TODAY I'LL TRYTO POSITION MYSELF IN READINESS FOR WHATEVER MIRACLE MIGHT COME MY WAY" -MATTHEW ARNOLD

Anonymous said...

I finally got the chance to look at the GINORMOUS cornflake on YouTube. Holy Moly. Too bad it was stolen. Well, good luck with the bike on Ebay. I am sure between that money and the contributions of everyone following your story, the Y will get a good amount of donations. I am sure they will appreciate your efforts :) Keep us posted ~