Friday, September 5, 2008

A New Day

I've had the window open and the curtains pulled back for some time now. I guess in a way I've viewed my own life to be somewhat of a side show, "hey, look what Bob's up to now". Aside from friends participating in the fun, it's been mostly about me and the things I've experienced. It's been about me, and that's been OK for me up to now, but it's changed. M and I are together. I feel completely connected to her. Even in our difficult moments, I now have a good sense of where to find the ends, if that connection fails.

There's no getting around it, I'm writing for two. It's been great fun, and an amazing exersise in self discovery, showing you my insides and letting you peer through the open window, but it's different now. I'll still continue the travel portion of this journal, because I want to chronicle this time together, but the soul searching and soap opera are over.
We're grabbing a bus today and heading to Bangor, then up to Moosehead Lake, I won't be posting for a week or so. I hope you've enjoyed reading along as much as I've enjoyed writing.
This photo was taken yesterday at Thunder Hole, Acadia National Park. Well worth the visit.
Cheers, and Thanks!
~B

BTW, I'm keeping my man card.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I see the Bobby fro coming back......don't they make razors in Canada?

Anonymous said...

The "soap opera is over"...........we think the soap opera is only getting juicier. The cornflake cataclysm continues on..............

BTW, Napoleon Dynamite would be proud of you. Not only do you have riding skills, but you can make your writing dance, too!

A Fan

Tom said...

There is nothing wrong with being in love, but the Cornflake thing may be grounds for Man Card Revocation.

Our mission is to issue every Man in the world their Authentic Man Card. Tell your significant other to get yours for you at my site, OfficialManCard.com. The best present someone could purchase!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tom - hey, I tried going out with my buddies just the other month - my lady hesitated about letting me go with my own 'man card.'

I once awoke with painted fingernails, woven locks of hair, and longing for old time musicals starring Julie Andrews. No more man-card for me! :-)

I think you should give up your card. The 'coffee house incident' should be sufficient evidence.........

Dork Mandue

Anonymous said...

I like the hair...much more familiar...just the way I remember.