Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ever After...



It took me exactly three weeks to begin my journey after some setbacks in May, three weeks to ride my bicycle to Nova Scotia, three weeks to get back on the road after falling down in Amherst, twice three weeks before I decided to say goodbye to Yarmouth, three days of knowing Marietta before I knew this was something very special, and three weeks to fall in love before I finally knew.


On September 13th, I asked Marietta to marry me. She said "Yes"!

We're holding off on New Zealand for the time being in favor of settling in one place and building a solid base for life together and for our future travels and adventures -location to be announced. It's a wonderful world out there and we both feel strongly about discovering as much of it together as possible.

I never dreamed, when I set out on my adventure, that I'd ever find...well, exactly what I went looking for. I've learned so much about myself, my friends and family, the kindness of others, and the wonder and vastness of the world - even from my tiny secluded vantage point, and of course, I found Marietta. I still have a lot to digest and glean from what has already occurred, and I'm committed to doing just that in the coming months. As for now, it's time to take care of some business, including work, home, community, and a new Family.


Back on May 22nd, I set out on the road to find myself. I had no idea I'd discover so much more than I ever imagined.

Happily,

~B

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~Bob Viens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

DUDE!
I'm So Happy For You!
Thanks For Being An Amazing Photography Teacher!

Anonymous said...

nice smiles on the photo...

I smile with you!

=)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~Bob Viens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.