Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm going to be sore in the morning...

Just got in from a really satisfying ride from Turners Falls to Northampton and back again. 49 miles and averaged right around 20mph - not bad! I'm riding my 1986 Miyata Seven-Ten. I bought it new over 20 years ago, and it still fits me like glove! I always loved the smooth "whir" sound it makes when I'm flying along at a good cadence. I've intentionally not ridden a new road/racing bike simply because I don't want to spoil the love affair I have with this particular bicycle. It's the first "real" bike I ever had. Actually, Joe at the bike shop validated my appreciation of the 710 by pointing out the advantages of a retro cro-moly frame; cro-mo represents a great combination of strength, weight, and flex and a lot of cyclists are opting for the older frames and fitting them with new components. The more I ride my Miyata now, the more I like it just the way it is.

Maybe a slightly easier ride tomorrow. We'll see...

Cheers!

~B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations !
Hugs, Alicia

Unknown said...

So, I've been really bad at keeping up with you and everyone else I know in my life. I know we only met a few times, but I knew you had a good soul. I am so happy to hear how about your fantastic travels along life's highway. You were courageous to let go and go forth like you did. And your rewards have been great. Congratulations! I wish you both the best! Alicia's friend, Jennifer :)