Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Popover With Blueberry Jam

M and I just had a nice walk around downtown Bar Harbor and had coffee and a lite breakfast before heading to the market for lunch fixins. All is well, it's going to be a good day. Getting all this off my chest is so important to understanding myself and feeling heard. It's probably a little weird that I'm being heard by several hundred onlookers, but it works for me. Somehow it just works.

We're packing up at the hostel now and will be hopping on a bus to see the park. The bike is gone, Yarmouth is behind me, today is sunny, and Acadia awaits. I do dream of being on the road again, actually on the bike I have in storage in Massachusetts. I have no doubt that I'll be back on the road before long (BTW, I actually like where I am right now).

I hope I'm not boring you in the meantime...

Cheers!

~B

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've jumped the shark.

Anonymous said...

Are you where you should be, or just going along for the ride? We don't always have to take what comes our way, especially when it makes us feel bad. My gut tells me you need to react rather than think this to death. You don't sound content.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm asking you to turn in your man card right now.......

Anonymous said...

I second the motion asking for your man card........

Sherlock H.

~Bob Viens said...

Jumping the shark is a colloquialism used by U.S. TV critics and fans to denote that point in a TV show or movie series' history where the plot veers off into ridiculous story lines or out-of-the-ordinary characterizations, undergoing too many changes to retain the original appeal of the series. Shows that have "jumped the shark" are typically deemed to have passed their peak as after this point critical fans can point to a noticeable decline in the show's overall quality. Yup, that sounds about right.

~Bob Viens said...

Man Card: Requirement to be accepted as a respectable member of the male community. Can and should be revoked by other respectable males for doing non-respectable-male things.
"We had to take away Henry's Man Card because he cried in public when Kristina dumped him." -Fine, take it.