Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Big Yellow Truck

The apartment is all but empty, except for a few of the big items. Doug is on the way home from work and will be helping me finish loading the big yellow truck. I got some help today from Jeff and Cheryl who live in the apartment on the other side of my living room wall. They were amazed by how huge my apartment was and I got a tour of their place and was equally amazed. Seeing their apartment put a slightly different spin on my own place. I have a feeling this experience will challenge a lot of my long held perceptions. Like shaking the snow globe, I think I'll need the snow to settle a bit before I'll can see things clearly again. I got a call to help with some internet issues at the dealership this morning. I feel bad telling the manager at my old job that they needed to call this or support line, something that I'd usually handle. Did I mention that they were stupid to get rid of me? But then again, If they hadn't you wouldn't be reading this, now would you?

Still a go for Thursday morning. Tego is seeing me off, she's coming over at 8:30 to film my thoughts on the Harmony and my experience living on top of it for so long. She wants a riding off into the sunset shot. I'll put up the youtube link when it's ready.

Packing up the Mac now. My next post will be from the road. Happy Trails! ~B

5 comments:

Unknown said...

May the wind be at you back.

Godspeed = Godspede
Happy sailing!

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you off this morning. Thanks for letting me tape the big moment of actually leaving. The DVD is waiting for you.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, Bob! I had no idea you were leaving!

Happy, safe trails to you. I'll be reading your adventures. You'll be seeing such beauty, meeting new people and challenges- boy am I jealous.

Blog a lot! We'll be thinking of you in the Harmony Sit Outs this summer.

Thanks, tego, for posting this on iBrattleboro.com.
Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bob,

I saw the post on ibrattleboro about your cornflake and then discovered your blog. I am so sorry that you are leaving Brattleboro, but wish you all the best. You did so much for the Harmony Lot. I was expecting you at the Historical Society one day, but guess you had other things to think about.

Stay safe and don't forget us!
Joann

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling computing got a less important once you hit the road.